Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Time warp...

Please don't feel that you're stuck in a time warp! My last blog post truly was the last day of 2008. I got back to "real life" on Monday, so blogging today isn't too bad on my forever long to-do list!

So what's up for the new year? Well... it started with the launch of this:



And nope, I'm not learning French!
Joie de vivre - the love of life...and doodle rub-ons too! is what it's about.

Head over to the CreativeSouls blog and read all about a brand new and exciting range of rub-on doodle designs.



Then... I do really have a word for 2009!




I spent a lot of time thinking about where I am right now, what is most important and what I'd like to focus on in all aspects of my life. The word "balance" is what I've chosen.

bal⋅ance [bal-uhns] noun, verb

1. a state of equilibrium or equipoise; equal distribution.
2. mental steadiness or emotional stability; habit of calm behavior, judgment.
3. the remainder or rest: she carried what she could and left the balance for someone else.
4. the power or ability to decide an outcome by throwing one's strength, influence, support, or the like, to one side or the other.
5. in wine making: the degree to which all the attributes of a wine are in harmony, with none either too prominent or deficient.
6. in accounting: equality between the totals of the two sides of an account.
7. in fine arts: composition or placement of elements of design, as figures, forms, or colors, in such a manner as to produce an aesthetically pleasing or harmoniously integrated whole.
8. a balance wheel is a wheel that regulates rate of movement in machine parts, as in a watch. ie a stabilizing influence.

9. to estimate the relative weight or importance of; compare: to balance all the probabilities of a situation.

Reading these definitions now again, simply confirms that this is what I want (need) to do.

Here's to creating a balanced life!
{L}

No comments: