Thursday, March 15, 2007

my cup overflows...



... greetings from the Mother City!

I am in beautiful Cape Town for a couple of days. This is a picture of my hotel right on the waterfront.

Did some work this morning though and got to see some stunning new Autumn Leaves product.





Wow! Thank you for all the comments and emails I've received from my last post. Thank you for sharing how good life really is. My granny had a saying if we felt we were going through a tough time, "no matter what you're going through, there's always somebody worse off than you". This didn't necessarily make us feel any better, but I have come to realise the truth in it. Remember, even when you're low, you can still be an encouragement to someone around you.



There seems to be quite a lot of the Pay it Forward thing going on around scrapbooking and other circles at the moment. It's the idea of doing something for someone and they're not able to pay you back and instead they pay it forward and do something for another person. It shouldn't come as a surprise that there's blessing in this since I was taught from a very young age to do to others as I would have them do to me.

One of the local high schools is even doing this to instill in the kids the value of doing unto others... They're receiving extra credits for it too.



My friend Fi sent me this website which speaks a similar message about being nice . There's a newsletter you can sign up for too. I like this quote from the founder: “Live life daily as if all people – even strangers – really matter. Everyone deserves to be treated with kindness and respect, and all we have to do is treat others nicely"



I'd love to share thoughts on ways we could pay it forward in our every day lives.

Also... I haven't forgotten that I promised to share good news! Well it's still coming....

Enjoy the rest of your week, and remember to be nice!

blessings
(L)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

BEAUTIFUL PIC!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for being better than nice La!