Wednesday, November 28, 2007

More random name stuff

I came across this list of rankings showing how popular my name has been through the decades, ranked out of 1000. (Can't find the link though).


Lara-
1960' s - ranked 487
1970's - ranked 338
1980's - ranked 425
1990's - ranked 707
Seems pretty obvious that the 1970's would be popular with the movie Dr Zhivago and "Lara's Theme" hitting screens in 1965.
Here's the page, about my name which won me the spot in the SA Cream of the Crop competition (long-long ago).



With such a short name you wouldn't expect it could be shortened or nicknamed in any way... wrong! Here are a few...

La
Lalie
Lars
Lala
Lalish
Lapsie
Lopsie
Lollipops
Lara-Lou
Wawa ;)

I *love* my name... thanks mom!

blessings
{L}

2 comments:

fi said...

I got saddled with:Fi-Fi, Do-Fi, Bee-Fi, Goo -Fi, Why-Fi, Lea-Fi, F(l)i,Fi Fy Fo Fum, Fi-ver, Fi-line, oh it goes on and on and on...there is always some smart a*** who can think of another one!

Anonymous said...

Ok, when it comes to names, I'll keep quiet!! You don't know what I have answered to!! Amazing how names seem to suit the people they belong to!!